Mexican Stir Fry
- Non-stick olive oil spray
- 12 cups broccoli cole slaw (I used 2 12oz bags of organic Trader Joe’s broccoli slaw and it was the perfect amount for 4 servings, and it’s $1.99/bag 😉)
- 16 oz raw extra-lean ground beef
- 4 tsp of taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup frozen sweet corn kernels (Remember the Trader Joe’s blackened frozen sweet corn I talked about in the Cheesy Chicken Avocado Southwestern Veggie Bowl post? Use the leftover frozen corn here!)
- 2 cups canned crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup black beans drained and rinsed
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1 chopped avocado
- Bring a large skillet to medium-high heat. Add broccoli slaw and 2 cups of water. Cover and cook 8 minutes, until slaw is fully softened. Uncover and cook 1-2 minutes more until water has evaporated, and then transfer to a large bowl.
- Remove skillet from heat, re-spray, and return to medium high heat. Add beef, and sprinkle with 2 tsp of taco seasoning. Cook and crumble until fully cooked, 2-3 minutes, and then transfer to the slaw bowl.
- Remove skillet from heat, wipe clean, re-spray, and return to medium-high heat. Cook and stir corn until hot, 1-2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium, and add contents of slaw bowl and the remaining 2 tsp of taco seasoning to the skillet. Add crushed tomatoes, beans, cumin, and chili powder. Stir and cook until well mixed, about 2 minutes.
- Serve topped with avocado. If meal prepping, divide stir fry between 4 sealable to-go containers. Sprinkle chopped avocado with lime or lemon juice, divide evenly amongst the to-go containers, seal containers, and refrigerate until ready to eat. Reheat in microwave 2-3 minutes before eating.
This is another great recipe inspired by Lisa Lillien’s “Hungry Girl Diet Cookbook”. Not only is this easy to make, but there is very little cleanup because it’s all made in one skillet!
The above recipe serves 4 and each serving has 336 calories, 7g of fat, 34.5g of carbs, 14g of fiber, and 34g of protein.
If wanting to add a few more calories to this, I recommend using whole grain tortilla chips to eat with the stir fry. Yumm!